What does the BEYOND Personal Travel Companion Service (PTCS) offer?
With the aim of ensuring you get the most out of your travel, from start to finish, there are a variety of ways we can assist.
- Planning & Preparation.
- Accompanying you on flights, train journeys etc, or driving you on a road journey.
- Assisting with travel, transfers, hotels, sightseeing, mobility, medications, logistics, safety, dining, socialising etc.
- Delivering you safely to family/friends.
- Sharing experiences, meals and laughter.
- Ensuring your trip is enjoyable and streamlined – we’ll take care of all the details and sort any issues that may arise.
- We accompany you on all or part of the trip, it’s up to you.
How does it work?
- You contact me, we talk about your plans and Wishlist.
- If you decide you’d like to go ahead, we make it happen.
- You cover all PTC travel costs and associated expenses (to be agreed).
- You arrange appropriate travel insurance for yourself (all travellers must have insurance).
- You pay a PTC Fee for our time/services – the fee will depend upon the nature of the trip. For more information about Fees, check the Fees FAQ.
- A deposit will be required upon engagement of my services, with the balance to be paid prior to departure.
- Once you’re happy with the final plans, and everything is sorted, we head off for a fabulous and memorable time!
- We document the trip with photos and a write-up overview.
- NB: Unusual requests are no problem – run your ideas by me, I’ll aim to help. Anything is possible, let’s explore the options.
What are some reasons I might want to travel with a Beyond PTC?
There are many reasons to engage a Beyond PTC.
- Would you love to attend a family wedding or milestone occasion in another city?
- Do you long to see the Taj Mahal? The Tower of London? The Statue of Liberty?
- Would you love to see your grandchildren who live far away?
- Do you dream of visiting New York? Rome? Cuba? Morocco? Japan?
- Would you enjoy revisiting favourite travel destinations from younger days?
- Do you yearn to sail on a cruise ship?
- Would you adore to take that train trip you’ve always dreamed of?
- Do you wish to explore a far-off land and share the delights?
- Would you like to pop over to Australia to see your son/daughter?
- Do you want a relaxing short break in the sun and would love someone to chat with over a cocktail or two?
- Would you like to visit war memorials around the world to honour those who fought?
- Do you want to reconnect with an old friend out of town?
- Perhaps you have something really specific in mind, or want to tick off a few more things on your bucket list. For example:
- Is there a show you’d like to see on Broadway? In the West End? In Melbourne?
- Have you been yearning to go to the Melbourne Cup? The Kentucky Derby? Royal Ascot?
- Want to walk through Central Park? Hyde Park? Kew Gardens? See the blossoms in Kyoto?
- Is there an iconic sports event you’d love to attend? Wimbledon? The Masters?
- Have you always wanted to go on safari but never thought you’d get the chance?
- Want to visit famous ruins in Greece, Italy or Mexico?
- Is there an art gallery you’ve always wished to visit? The Guggenheim? MOMA? The Louvre?
- Have you been thinking about getting dental work done in Thailand?
- Want to experience the hustle and bustle of Shanghai? Delhi? Cairo? Tokyo? Marrakesh?
- Keen to relax on a tropical island in the sunshine?
- Want to attend that workshop, festival or course that you’ve often thought about?
- Stop thinking and dreaming – let’s make it happen!
I have some minor health issues, is that okay?
Yes, that’s one of the main reasons for this service. If you have mobility issues, we’ll help get you around. If you have minor health issues, we’ll take that into account and manage accordingly. If you take a variety of medications, we’ll make sure you take them correctly. If you’re a bit forgetful, that’s okay, we’ll be with you every step of the way to ensure you’re safe and happy.
Prior to travelling, we’ll get you to complete a brief Questionnaire so that we have a good picture of your health status and are fully aware of any concerns you have or issues we need to be mindful of.
Do I have to pay the full travel costs for my you as my PTC?
Yes, you will need to pay for your PTC to enable them to travel with you. You’ll need to cover all travel costs (on a separate rooms basis) and associated expenses, as well as a PTC fee. Final costs are dependent on the individual nature of your trip and we’ll discuss this in detail.If you wish to fly business or first class, and you don’t feel you need your PTC to be with you throughout the flight, we’re happy to fly economy. It’s up to you to decide what suits you best. There are many variables and we can discuss these. For more information about Fees, check the Fees FAQ.
What if you’re not personally available, Sally, on the dates I need a PTC?
I have a highly-capable, hand-selected team of PTCs on standby to assist if, due to my commitments with other clients and engagements, I am unavailable. I will organise for one of them to assist and will ensure a good fit for you. You can find out more about me and my team here. Check the Trips page to see dates I am unavailable.
Remember – it’s always best to enquire early and lock it in!
Does your service include personal care such as showering and dressing?
No, this is not part of the service. We can offer mobility assistance, help with medications and general needs but it is not a personal care service. If you are unable to shower, dress or care for yourself, you would need to bring a carer.
Do you offer assistance to people with disabilities, mental illness, visual impairment etc?
Yes, as long as personal care is not included. I worked with people with vision impairment for many years and am familiar with issues related to sight loss. If you have vision impairment, I’m very happy to be your guide!
I’m familiar with mental health issues and am happy to assist anyone with a hidden disability.
I’ve also have experience working and travelling with people with dementia, mobility issues, frailty due to aging, etc. We can explore what’s possible, these issues should not preclude you from being able to have a wonderful travel experience.
What if I want to engage you as a PTCS but the trip doesn’t appeal to you?
There is no such thing – we love all trips! If it appeals to you, it will appeal to us!
I’d like to go on a ski trip – is this possible?
Yes! I love snow and winter and skiing and am very happy to accompany you on a ski trip anywhere in the world. Skiing is a passion and I have skied 40+ resorts across Europe, USA, Canada, Japan and NZ. Gently does it these days – and it goes without saying that I enjoy the apres-ski life too!
What happens if I decide not to, or am unable to, travel after I’ve engaged a PTC?
Cancellations will be dealt with on an individual basis. We understand that circumstances can change for many reasons. It is important for you to establish criteria around insurance to ensure costs associated with travel cancellation are covered if it is due to illness, accident etc before departure. A partial PTC fee will be payable if the trip has been locked in and does not go ahead at late notice. If you are feeling unwell before your travel date, you will need to think very seriously about whether you are able to go ahead with the trip. If you test positive for COVID before travelling, the trip cannot go ahead. Getting sick on holiday is never a good thing, but with COVID, it is always a possibility.
Why do I need to pay a partial fee if the trip doesn’t go ahead because I have to pull out?
When you engage a PTC, this involves a commitment of time to travel with you and there are implications on account of that. Your PTC is unable to take on other clients for the duration they have committed to be with you and there will have been time and energy invested in the lead-up to the planned trip. If the trip can be deferred to a future date, we can discuss this further.